Make this summer the last time you mow your slope.
Front yard slopes are prevalent in many of our landscapes.
The inclination is to think of them as “useless” space. Mowing a slope is no fun. Lawns burn out and walls are expensive. What if we told you there was a cheaper, more natural alternative? Field’s slope solution is a self-sustaining community of plants that knit together over time to out-compete weeds, provide habitat for pollinators, and stabilize the soil. We have put together these plant communities to thrive on sunny or shady slopes, and to make it convenient for you, we offer to install these slope solutions on a square foot basis.
- Remove weeds every couple weeks – This frequency early on helps you become familiar with the intended plants in your space so you can quickly identify any uninvited guests. As the plants grow, they will begin filling in those open spaces and out-competing weeds, resulting in less weeding time for you!
- Water weekly – During the first growing season, watering is essential to establish your plants. During years 2 & 3, you should only need supplemental water during extended hot or dry periods.
- Augmenting – As the community matures, there may be a need to fill in any “holes” with some extra plants and ground covers. We’re available with our toolbox of recommended plants to keep your space full and thriving.
- Mulching – Mulch is included as part of the instillation. After that, you can choose either a:
- Trowel & Mulch approach – digging out weeds & mulching every 2 or 3 years
- Hoe & Augment approach – quickly hoe out annual weeds and augment with ground covers